Start Dates (2023)
Monday, 12th December 2022 at 7:30am
KEY START UP DATES 2023
- Tuesday 24 January to Thursday 26 January 2023: Student Leaders' Camp
- Thursday 2 February 2023: Year 9 Orientation Day (1) including Pōwhiri (9am - 3.15pm)
- Friday 3 February 2023: Year 9 Orientation Day (2) 8.40am - 3.15pm
- Monday 6 February 2023: Waitangi Day (Public Holiday / School Closed)
- Tuesday 7 February 2023: Full School Day / Years 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 (8.40am - 3.15pm)
START UP INFORMATION FOR YEAR 9 (2023) STUDENTS**
DAY ONE – PŌWHIRI AND ORIENTATION - THURSDAY 2 FEBRUARY, 9:00AM - 3:15PM Students are encouraged to bring their whānau/families to our official welcome. The initial assembly point will be at the front of the school on the grassed area outside Visitor Reception at 9.00am. The pōwhiri will be over by approximately 10.30am. Students will enter the gym where they will meet their form teacher and other class members, while family members can join our staff in the staff room for refreshments. An orientation programme will be run in form classes with the assistance of our fantastic Year 10 and 11 mentors, and our Student Leaders. This will include information about school routines, school layout, stationery, timetables, activities to assist students with getting to know their new classmates, setting up of devices and an introduction to our school values. The focus is on getting our Year 9 students “school ready”.
Please note that students are to be dressed in full school uniform and will be expected to have their electronic device, which should preferably be a chromebook or a laptop. Refer to our school website: UNIFORM (and/or) STATIONERY for further details on this. Students should bring a packed lunch and water bottle as the tuck shop will not be open. School will finish at 3.15pm with buses running as usual.
DAY TWO – ORIENTATION - FRIDAY 3 FEBRUARY, 8:40AM - 3:15PM Students will go to their form classes at 8.40am and will continue with their orientation programme. This will include meeting their core subject teachers, and visiting their classrooms. Please note that students are to be dressed in full school uniform and will be expected to have their electronic device, which should preferably be a chromebook or a laptop. Refer to our school website: Stationery/BYOD for further details on this. Students should also bring a packed lunch and water bottle as the tuck shop will not be open. School will finish at 3.15pm with buses running as usual.
OTHER VALUABLE INFORMATION
The school bus services and routes are available on our school website: greenbayhigh.school.nz/enrolment/school-bus-routes. All students using the school bus services should have signed the bus agreement on the enrolment form.
Green Bay High School is very excited to be working with Argyle OnLine as the seller of our school uniform. You can order your school uniform at any time. You will be able to pay by credit or debit card, account to account or cheque. You can also generate a quote to take to WINZ or other charitable organisations. Orders are delivered directly to your door. To place an order, follow the steps below:
- Step 1: Click the link on the Green Bay High School website: greenbayhigh.school.nz/enrolment/uniform or go directly to the Green Bay High School uniform tab.
- Step 2: Measure your child following the measuring tips on the Argyle OnLine website. Compare the measurements with the size chart on each product page. Or you can attend one of our fitting days.
- Step 3: Choose your size and quantity and add to cart.
- Step 4: Go to checkout once you have selected all your items. You can then register or login. Enter your delivery and billing address, and select your preferred payment method. Proceed to payment.
- Step 5: You will receive an order confirmation by email followed by a courier track & trace email when your order is dispatched. Expect delivery 3-5 working days after payment.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
At the checkout after you have entered your delivery address, select WINZ quote as your payment method. A quote will be emailed to you. Take the quote to your nearest WINZ office for processing.
Please arrange for WINZ to pay the quoted price directly into the account number provided; we cannot accept payment cards.
Why do I need to measure my child?
Sizes can vary from garment to garment and sizes differ from retail clothing brand sizes. Measuring tapes will be available at the school office or you can attend one of our Fitting Days.
What happens if I order the wrong style or size?
You will be responsible for the cost of returning the garment for a replacement. The replacement will be couriered to you free of charge.
How will my order be delivered?
Deliveries will only be made to a physical address in New Zealand and are sent through Courier Post. A signature is required as proof of delivery unless you request a delivery without signature when placing your order.
Is the ArgyleOnLine website pricing inclusive or exclusive of GST?
ArgyleOnLine website pricing for both garments and freight charges are inclusive of GST.
Additional Information and FAQS can be found at www.argyleonline.co.nz/FAQs If you need further assistance you can chat with the Argyle team online (or) phone their uniform hotline (available 24/7): 0800 11 00 59 (or) email: [email protected]
SCHOOL STATIONERY & CHARGES
Stationery NB: We recommend waiting for timetables to be confirmed (Week 1, 2023) before purchasing stationery for option subjects. You can purchase the Year 9 Core Pack ($76.20) at this stage however. We have teamed up with OfficeMax and our stationery requirements for each class/year will be loaded on to myschool.co.nz for you to view, download or order from. OfficeMax My School benefits are:
- Competitive prices
- Free delivery for orders over $60 incl. GST
- Multiple ordering options – online at myschool.co.nz, telephone: 0800 724 440, mail order or OfficeMax retail store.
- Delivery that suits – you can arrange delivery to your home or workplace, and receive your
- order during the holidays to allow plenty of time to cover your books.
- Your child will have the correct supplies that will last.
- Choose to pay with your credit/debit card or alternatively pay by cash in an OfficeMax retail store.
- To order by mail order and/or pay by cheque all you have to do is go to myschool.co.nz, select the items you require, and when you get to check out, click on the Mail Order Form button. This will build a customised mail order form for you to print.
Note: Please check the delivery windows at myschool.co.nz to ensure you place your order in time to receive delivery before school starts.
You can find more information regarding school stationery by clicking HERE.
- There are also charges for some subjects, workbooks and compulsory items, which need to be paid to Green Bay High School. For example:
- Voluntary School Donation $200 First child attending
- $50 Subsequent siblings attending
- Student ID Card $10 - This is used for borrowing books from the library, student bus fares, printing and photocopying from school and exam entry.
- Subject Fees
- There may also be fees for subjects which have take home components - e.g. some Technology programmes. These will be listed on your child’s school invoice which you will be able to access via our FREE SchoolBridge App.
- Please note that Year 9 students have a change of option subjects at the beginning of Term 3, so there may be some new subject fees invoiced at that stage.
WINZ Please note WINZ quotes need to be made payable to Green Bay High School for any subject/workbook fees. WINZ payments for stationery should be made to OfficeMax.
Sport & Extra Curricular In addition to the above fees there are extra fees for students involved in sports and other curricular activities. You will be notified of these fees by email as they occur, and they will then appear on your student’s invoice. Invoices are available to view via the SchoolBridge app. Be sure to login with your PARENT username and pasword.
Payment Options Payments need to be made at school to the accounts office. We accept cash, cheque, EFTPOS and credit card. We also recommend automatic payments; a small amount each week can be much more manageable. Our bank account number is 12-3034-0840634-00, please use your child’s student ID number as a reference to appear on our bank statement. Should you have any queries please contact Debbie Tonkin 817 8173 ext 210.
BLENDED LEARNING & DEVICES
Blended Learning is learning that integrates digital resources and web based learning with traditional face-to-face class tasks in a planned, pedagogically sound manner. Learning is at the heart of blended learning - not technology; technology is the tool we will use. Green Bay High School is a blended learning school, which means that all students are requested to bring a 1:1 computing device to school. The method of content delivery will be through a blend of Google Classroom and traditional teaching tools. Each student will have their own unique Green Bay High School Google Account giving them access to Gmail, Google Docs, Google Drive, Google Classroom, Google Sites, and a whole host of other digital platforms. The students will utilise their devices in a myriad of different ways across learning areas. To accommodate the wide variety of demands, needs and uses across our learning areas, the devices will need to be suitable for typing and editing documents, manipulating photos, collaborating online and using internet resources and tools. At Green Bay High School, the device must be a laptop form factor. That is, it is either a Chromebook, Laptop, Ultrabook or Macbook. iPads or other tablet devices are NOT suitable for our blended learning programme. One of the many realities of computing in a school environment is that students require a highly portable device with a very long battery life. Students must carry their device from class to class every hour and will not be able to rely on having an opportunity or place to recharge their battery during the day. In addition to this, student devices must also be wireless and internet capable, have a good warranty and be robust which often means the build quality of the device should be high.