Parent / Student / Teacher Conferences (TERM 3, 2022)
WHEN: Tuesday 23 August & Wednesday 24 August 2022
TIME: 1.30pm - 7.00pm
Students will finish school at the earlier time of 12:30pm on both days. School buses will NOT be arriving at the earlier time, however the school library will be open.
Student, Teacher, Parent Conferences for Years 9 to 13 are usually held twice a year (subject to Covid alert levels) and provide an opportunity for parents, students and subject teachers to discuss progress, achievement and individual needs. As the name suggests, students are expected to attend and participate. This is a great opportunity to strengthen relationships that support our students, and you, our families and whānau.
All visitors to the school site are asked to please wear a face mask. We will have spare masks available if required and hand sanitizer in each classroom.
During the PST conference we will have the opportunity to discuss:
- Progress up to this point
- Option selection and pathways for 2023
- Focus on the next steps (particularly credit tracking and externals for seniors)
PST conferences will be held in B Block, E Block, F Block and the Auditorium Foyer. We have spread the classroom use across the school to ensure as few people as possible are in a classroom at any one time. Please be mindful of this when making bookings by keeping a 10 minute gap between appointments. You will see the location of classrooms when making your bookings.
Careers Advisors will be available for conversations with those who are interested in discussing potential career pathways. Student Leaders will also be available to help you find the location of the rooms.
The place for you to get information about option selection and booking of PSTs is through ‘SchoolBridge’ an online tool, and app, which profiles all subjects offered at GBHS.
Bookings for PSTs are open and option selection for 2023 will open from Monday 22nd August, we will be sending through more information about this closer to the time. You can find the link to SchoolBridge on the school website.
Bookings are available through the GBHS Whānau Dashboard.
To book a time slot for PSTs please follow these steps:
- Log in to the GBHS Whānau Dashboard. (You will be able to switch between siblings to make bookings to see each child's teacher, once logged in, if applicable).
- Enter your Username*
- Enter your Parent Password*
- Select ‘PST Conferences’ from the Dashboard
- Click ‘Book Time’
- Student classes/teachers are listed on the left
- Booking times can be selected by clicking the time that suits
- View a summary of all of your bookings and make adjustments as required
- You are also able to print and save your bookings
* If you have forgotten your Username and/or Parent Password, or encounter any difficulties when making your PST Booking, please contact the office on 817-8173 ext 260 and speak with Amber Osborn.
We have presented a slideshow to help you with the booking process. Please click on the "How To" card below.