Kia ora and welcome to Green Bay High School
Green Bay High School is a great place to go to school. Serving families in Green Bay, Titirangi and the surrounding areas, our focus is on learning that is relevant, exciting and meets the needs of our students. Our vision is Te Angitū Ngātahi - Succeeding Together, and as a school we make time to foster strong relationships across our wider school community, to support all students to achieve their best throughout the five years they are with us.
Green Bay High School’s size and environment enables us to offer great opportunities for our students. Traditional subject pathways run alongside more personalized learning approaches, allowing our students to flourish. The continued development of our facilities, buildings and technology supports all students to achieve their personal best both inside and outside the classroom.
Te Angitū Ngātahi - Succeeding Together
Green Bay High School’s size and environment enables us to offer great opportunities for our students.
As a school, we have high expectations of our students and ourselves. We get to know our students and we care about what they need in order to succeed at school. Traditional subject pathways run alongside more personalised learning approaches, allowing our students to flourish. The continued development of our facilities, buildings and technology supports all students to achieve their personal best both inside and outside the classroom.
The school plays an active role in the local community by engaging with families, local schools and community groups. The key to Green Bay’s success is a focus on meeting the educational needs of the community and upholding the same values.
Green Bay High School offers:
- A clear, strong vision shared by an effective Board of Trustees and Senior Leadership Team.
- A team of teaching professionals who are experts in their subjects and enthusiastically embrace the latest professional development and change.
- A strong school culture that promotes positive relationships as an essential part of effective learning.
- An imaginative use of NCEA; traditional learning pathways which sit alongside innovative curriculum initiatives.
- Academic counselling that supports all students to achieve their personal best.
- Major investment in upgrading ICT infrastructure; a carefully developed e-learning plan with a ‘bring your own device’ strategy
- Active involvement and leadership of Kōtuitui, our local community of learning network.
- Exciting growth in sport with a focus both on top competition level and those who love playing sports.
- A dynamic performing arts faculty with rich performance opportunities.
- Huge opportunities to participate in a wide variety of students groups and initiatives including performance and cultural activities.
- Strong student leadership across the school, growing the leaders of the future.
Our continued focus is on working together to meet the aspirations of our community and young people.