Beach Ed CANCELLED
Tuesday, 6th December 2022 at 8:15pm
TODAY's BEACH ED (M9LAG, P9FIS, P9TPK) HAS BEEN POSTPONED DUE TO SEVERE WIND AND RAIN WARNINGS
Students are expected to be at school.
From Tuesday 29th November, to Wednesday 7th December 2022, Year 9 students will be travelling by bus to South Piha Surf Club for a day at the beach, applying the knowledge and skills they have learnt in their PE and Health classes.
Students will explore the beach environment with qualified lifeguards, teachers and senior students. Rip spotting, lifeguard training, beach awareness and having fun in the Piha waves are all on the agenda for this day out.
Year 9 students will be attending with their Form and PE teachers, and other teachers, along with senior PE students and qualified Piha Surf Club lifeguards.
(In case of dangerous weather, please check on the school website for postponement or cancellation).
Students will need to wear appropriate clothing for the beach and bring togs, towel, sunblock, wetsuit (optional) and plenty of food and water.
Class schedule as shown below:
- Tues 29 November: A9HIS, K9HKL, W9FEL
- Wed 30 November: M9LAG, P9FIS, P9TPK (POSTPONED to next Wednesday (7 December) due to thunderstorms)
- Thurs 1 December: A9KEY, W9PTL (Bus departs GBHS 9am)
- Fri 2 December: K9PAR, M9CLS, A9SMP
- Mon 5 December: A9NLN, W9HER
- Tues 6 December: K9ELL, P9FIN
- Wed 7 December: M9LAG, P9FIS, P9TPK (CANCELLED due to severe wind and rain warnings)