Career Education Plan
Thursday, 25th May 2023 at 9:37am
The Careers Team at Green Bay High School offers a range of resources and support for students. These include access to career information and guidance, professional development for staff, partnerships with external agencies, alumni, and industry networks.
Our school-wide Career Education plan is a collaborative and inclusive approach that involves all staff and stakeholders. We believe this school-wide approach will provide our students with the best possible outcomes and is integrated with academic and pastoral care programs focused on inclusive and equitable practices.
To achieve this, we have identified four key objectives:
- Develop self-awareness and personal identity
- Explore career options and pathways
- Build employability skills and financial literacy
- Learn to make informed decisions about future education and employment
Our career education plan comprises four key components:
- First, the plan aims to provide students with relevant and up-to-date career information and guidance.
- Second, over a five-year period, students will develop individual career portfolios in School Point to assist them to explore their career options and pathways.
- Third, in the senior school, work-integrated learning opportunities provide students with real-life work experience, which aids in the development of employability skills and financial literacy.
- Fourth, industry and community partnerships are formed to expose students to a range of career options and pathways.
School-wide Career Education plan: This plan aims to equip students with the skills and knowledge they need to make informed decisions about their future education and career pathways.We are excited to announce that this term, two periods will be set aside for all students to complete the first modules of their career portfolio in SchoolPoint The dates and times for these sessions are:
📅 W5 (May 23) - Tuesday period 2 📅 W8 (June 14) - Wednesday period 2
We encourage all whānau and caregivers to view and comment on their child's career development in the SchoolPoint app. This will allow you to stay up-to-date with their progress and provide support where needed. We believe that by taking a collaborative and inclusive approach to career education, we will be able to provide our students with the best possible outcomes and opportunities for success.
He waka eke noa, from your Careers Team