Te Ahi Kā
Friday, 24th March 2023 at 1:10pm
Ehara taku toa i te toa takitahi, engari he toa takitini - Success is not the work of an individual, but the work of many
Green Bay High School is pleased to announce the implementation of a new form class, Te Ahi Kā, from the beginning of Term 2.
Applications are currently open for students to join a new form class beginning next term. The application form is HERE.
Te Ahi Kā will be a vertical form class, from Years 10-13, and will be open to all students. As well as providing students with the same support and connection as other form classes, Te Ahi Kā will also have a focus on developing knowledge and understanding of te ao Māori. The class is open to Māori and non-Māori students wanting to grow their knowledge and understanding of te ao Māori. Members of Te Ahi Kā will be encouraged to join kapa haka and attend whānau hui and other events (eg Matariki).
Te Ahi Kā will provide opportunities for:
- Daily practice of tikanga Māori in all form time sessions
- Te ao Māori promoted in all aspects of form time
- Academic coaching of students
- Teachings of waiata, karakia and haka during form time
- Tuakana-teina relationships within the classroom to support academic and social development
For more information, please email: Deputy Principal, Drew McWhinnie