Green Bay High School is a great place to go to school!
Green Bay High School is a state co-educational Years 9 to 13 secondary school. Serving families in Green Bay, Titirangi and the surrounding areas, our focus is on learning that is relevant, exciting and meets the needs of our students.
Our vision is Te Angitū Ngātahi - Succeeding Together, and as a school we make time to foster strong relationships across our wider school community, to support all students to achieve their best throughout the five years they are with us.
Students are encouraged to value:
- EXCELLENCE / RAU O TE HUIA: being outstanding or extremely good
- COURAGE / KO KAURI: having the mind or spirit that enables you to face difficulty without fear
- RESPECT / HE TANGATA, HE TANGATA: showing due regard for the feelings, wishes or rights of others
- RESPONSIVENESS / E TIPU, E REA: adapting quickly, positively and appropriately to changing circumstances
Green Bay High School’s size and environment enables us to offer great opportunities for our students. Traditional subject pathways run alongside more personalized learning approaches, allowing our students to flourish.
The continued development of our facilities, buildings and technology supports all students to achieve their personal best both inside and outside the classroom. The school plays an active role in the local community by engaging with families, local schools and community groups. Key to Green Bay’s success is a focus on supporting students to develop the skills needed to be successful, lifelong learners who contribute positively in the community.
Green Bay High School offers:
- A clear, strong vision shared by an effective Board of Trustees and Senior Leadership Team.
- A team of teaching professionals who are experts in their subjects and enthusiastically embrace the latest professional development and change
- A strong school culture that promotes positive relationships as an essential part of effective learning
- An imaginative use of NCEA; traditional learning pathways which sit alongside innovative curriculum initiatives
- Academic counselling that supports all students to achieve their personal best
- Major investment in upgrading ICT infrastructure; a carefully developed e-learning plan with a ‘bring your own device’ strategy
- Active involvement and leadership of Kōtuitui, our local community of learning network
- Multi-million dollar property upgrades including a Performing Arts Centre, Sports/PE facilities and classroom facilities a newly completed 3 million dollar upgrade to the Library and English department and planned acoustic upgrades to the music rooms
- Exciting growth in sport with a focus both on top competition level and those who love playing sports
- Huge opportunities to participate in a wide variety of students groups and initiatives including, performance and cultural activities
- Strong student leadership across the school, growing the leaders of the future
- Our continued focus is on working together to meet the aspirations of our community and young people