All items are to be purchased online from the official uniform supplier: These items must be worn as purchased without significant alteration or adaptation.
- BLOUSE / FITTED SHIRT: White with short sleeves. Piping detail and school logo on collar ($40.30)
- NON FITTED SHIRT: White with short sleeves. Piping detail and school logo on pocket ($40.30)
- SKIRT: (Knee length) Dark navy. Lined with logo ($60.70) (or) (Long length) Dark navy. Lined with logo ($79.00)
- TROUSERS (non fitted): Dark navy ($58.60)
- TROUSERS (fitted): Dark navy ($73.00)
- SHORTS: Dark navy ($39.30)
- JERSEY: Dark navy with school logo ($100.00)
- (new item) JUNIOR SWEATSHIRT: Dark navy with school logo ($59.00)
- (new item) SENIOR SWEATSHIRT: Grey with school logo ($59.00)
- SCHOOL JACKET: Dark navy waterproof lined soft shell jacket, with zip pull, hood and school logo ($96.80)
- SOCKS: Plain black ankle socks (no logo) 3xPack: ($16.20)
- STOCKINGS: Dark, black opaque (no rips or tears) * Note: Stockings are not sold through Argyle.
- CAP: Dark, navy with school logo ($17.30)
- BUCKET HAT: Dark, navy with school logo ($18.30)
- SHOES: Shoes must be flat, plain black (no logo) with black laces and black soles. Black roman sandals can be worn in summer. * Note: Shoes are not sold through Argyle.
- PE Uniform - Shorts: Dark navy shorts with school logo ($27.20)
- PE Uniform - Shirt: Dark navy shirt with green panelling and school logo ($36.10)
See the section below for specific uniform items and prices, and to place your Order. Parents and caregivers will find this online ordering system quick, easy and efficient to use. School uniform items are ordered online using your debit or credit card. There is an option available to generate a quote to take to WINZ or another charitable organisation. Orders will be delivered directly to your door.
To help you select the correct size before placing your order, please measure your student following the guide below. When measuring keep the tape snug but not tight.
- CHEST: Measure around the fullest part of the chest with arms relaxed at side.
- WAIST: Measure around the narrowest part of the waistline above the hip bone.
- HIPS: Measure around the fullest part of the hips.
- IN-LEG LENGTH: Measure from the top of the inside leg to the inside ankle bone.
- For assistance chat with the Argyle team 0800 110 059 or email: [email protected]
If you are applying to WINZ for financial assistance, we recommend placing your uniform order at least 3 weeks prior to the date you need the uniform. Follow the below process:
- Place an order online and select “WINZ quote” as your payment method.
- You will receive an email with your order confirmation. Print this out and take it to your nearest WINZ office for approval.
- Once WINZ has approved the quote, they will pay Argyle Schoolwear directly. The quote will have Argyle Schoolwear’s bank account and invoice number for payment.
- The order is dispatched once payment is received from WINZ. Payment via WINZ card is not accepted. For more information about ordering online, WINZ quotes, sizing, delivery and returns, check out the FAQ page www.argyleonline.co.nz/faqs
GROOMING AND PRESENTATION RELATED TO THE SCHOOL UNIFORM AND DRESS CODE
At Green Bay High School all students, except Year 13, will wear the school uniform. This encourages a sense of identity with the school, and provides a common standard of grooming on which to build positive attitudes to neatness and cleanliness. It will also provide a measure of security by identifying non-students on the school property.
- Students must abide by the uniform/dress code regulations as agreed at enrolment. Uniform and dress code standards apply when travelling to and from school or on official off-campus activities.
- Generally permission will not be given to wear non-regulation items. However, in some limited circumstances this will be considered by the Deputy Principal – Student Services. Such requests must be made in writing by a parent or guardian, and will only apply for a specified time.
- Any student who is wearing an incorrect or inappropriate item of clothing is required to report to the one of the Deputy Principals before school, or to the SSP at the beginning of period 1 so that the matter can be remedied before classes for the day. Students will be expected to remove non uniform items, and will have them replaced for the day by school owned items. These items are to be returned to student reception at 3.15pm.
- On school mufti days, the Year 13 dress code applies to all students.
GROOMING FOR STUDENTS IN UNIFORM – Year 9-12
The uniform should be clean, tidy and worn as designed. Our uniform has a wide range of items to choose from so all students should be able to find a suitable combination.
- Shoes must be flat, plain black, with black soles and black laces. (No boots or high-top footwear).
- Socks must be plain black (no logo) and ankle length.
- Extreme hairstyles and/or artificial colouring are unacceptable. Hair accessories (hair bands/ties etc) must be navy blue or black in colour only.
- Nail polish is to be clear, with no artificial tips or colouring.
- Makeup is not to be worn.
- Jewellery should be minimal. This means:
- Students are not permitted to wear rings, bracelets or visible necklaces.
- Students are permitted to wear a maximum of two small studs or sleeper earrings, per ear and in the lobe only, and a small nose stud.
- All uniform must be only the regulation design and pattern - as purchased online through Argyle.
- School sports team jackets or sweatshirts are only to be worn at sports events.
- Garments worn under the school uniform must be white only.
GROOMING FOR YEAR 13 STUDENTS
While Year 13 students wear mufti, we have an expectation of ‘smart-casual’ dress. The choice of clothing must be appropriate for a school setting which is the combined workplace for staff and students. Student dress must be respectful of this setting. Students have an obligation to meet a grooming and presentation standard which is not less than that expected for other students.
- Clothing must be neat, tidy, not worn or dirty, and not ripped or frayed.
- Clothing must contain no objectionable or offensive messages or pictures.
- Clothing must have the same coverage expectations of the school uniform
- Clothing must be worn appropriately in regard to safety; especially in laboratories, PE and workshop areas.
- Students must wear footwear; jandals or slides are not acceptable. Closed shoes are required in workshops and laboratories.
- Extreme hairstyle and/or artificial colouring are unacceptable.
- Jewellery must be kept to a minimum.
CULTURAL OR RELIGIOUS CONSIDERATION
Education in New Zealand is universal, compulsory and secular – and so are our school uniform and dress code guidelines. However, we recognise that some people may wish to depart from our dress regulations for cultural or religious reasons. In these circumstances, the parent or guardian should discuss this issue with the Deputy Principal – Student Services.