Executive Assistant (to the Principal) – Green Bay High School
Published: 14 June 2022
This is a fantastic opportunity to join Green Bay High School in the role of Executive Assistant to the Principal. Green Bay High School is a coeducational, Year 9-13 school in West Auckland with a roll of approximately 1,640.
The successful applicant will have excellent communication, organisational, human resources and time management skills.
The Executive Assistant to the Principal is a pivotal support role. You will embody and reflect the school’s values and vision and promote a positive school profile.
The successful candidate will be working alongside the school Senior Leadership Team and high levels of discretion and confidentiality are essential.
Key responsibilities include:
- Support the Principal in day to day administration matters
- Support the Board of Trustees as the Board Secretary - maintain Board policies and school procedures. Minute taker.
- Assist the Senior Leadership Team - particularly in matters of statutory processes in relation to student discipline (suspensions) and record keeping.
- Assist in recruitment and employee contracts - Teaching and Support personnel
- Interpret and implement personnel policy per the Secondary Teachers collective and other collectives
- Payroll and Administrative. On boarding and contract changes
- Event management - small to medium scale
Skills and Experience
- Proven ability with Microsoft products and Google applications
- Minimum 3-5 years work experience in a middle/senior PA or EA role
- Familiarity with KAMAR and Edpay an advantage
- Demonstrates empathy with young people, personal integrity, cultural sensitivity, warmth and approachability
Applications close: 17th June, 2022, at 4pm. Please send your cover letter and CV including details of two referees to the Principal’s PA Susie Spain [email protected] A position description is available from the Principal’s PA.